What is the 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 Towing Capacity?
Whether you need to haul equipment or supplies to your Salem job site or plan on hitching up a trailer to take on your next weekend getaway, then you need to make sure that you have a vehicle that can handle it with style. That is where the 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity comes in! How much can the GMC Sierra 2500 HD tow? When it is properly equipped the GMC Sierra HD, you can tow up to 18,510 pounds.
Learn about the 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 towing capacity, payload rating, and more with the team at Lum's GMC, and then once you’re ready, you’ll be able to apply for financing from the comfort of your own home, so you don’t have to worry about taking home your favorite version of the GMC Sierra HD today.
2022 GMC 2500 HD Towing Capacity by Engine
The 2022 GMC Sierra 2500 HD can be equipped with either a 6.6L gas-powered V8 or a 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8. With either of these engines, you’ll enjoy strong performance along with exceptional towing and hauling capabilities. Review the specs of each engine to see which can provide the GMC 2500 HD towing capacity you need on Newberg-area roads:
Diesel Towing & Payload*
- Max GCWR: 27,500 pounds
- Max Conventional Hitch: 18,500 pounds
- Max Fifth Wheel Hitch: 18,500 pounds
- Max Gooseneck Hitch: 18,500 pounds
- Max Payload: 3,597 pounds
Gas Towing & Payload*
- Max GCWR: 24,400 pounds
- Max Conventional Hitch: 14,500 pounds
- Max Fifth Wheel Hitch: 16,620 pounds
- Max Gooseneck High: 16,620 pounds
- Max Payload: 3,862 pounds
2022 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Towing Features
In order to ensure that you get the most out of your GMC 2500 HD towing capacity on the roads in and around Hillsboro, your GMC Sierra HD offers the following available features:
- Max Trailering Package: Includes an automatic locking rear differential, a trailer brake controller, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, a radiator cooler, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Trailering Camera Package: Two side view mirror cameras make reversing and changing lanes with a trailer in tow safer, and the available trailer-mounted camera can provide even more visibility.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: Automatically applies the Electronic Parking Brake once the truck is in the park position.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons on the center console allow you to activate and monitor your trailer brakes.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Selected drive modes to allow you to adjust the transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak to enable smooth towing.
- ProGrade Trailering System: Includes an in-vehicle trailering app and phone app, Trailer Light Sequence Test capability, and Hitch Guidance with Hitch View.
Find your 2022 GMC Sierra HD Today at Lum's GMC
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of the new GMC Sierra HD? Then it’s time to contact us today to schedule a test drive so you can experience the robust engine options and GMC 2500 towing capacity in person. Meanwhile, check out our new vehicle specials to take advantage of our current offers. That way you can enjoy your Sierra HD for less.
More from Lum's GMC
2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Trim Levels Looking for a light-duty pickup truck that offers Yamhill County drivers with best in class diesel horsepower and torque, while also being the most luxurious in its class? Then it sounds like you’re looking for a 2023 GMC Sierra from Lum’s Buick GMC in McMinnville. The GMC Sierra 1500…
History of Chevrolet and GMC General Motors was founded in 1908, and would go on to merge with Chevrolet Motor Company in 1918. General Motors still owns Chevrolet to this day and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, anytime soon. Chevrolet offers vehicles from trucks to SUVs and Subcompact cars. GMC only offers SUVs and…
The new GMC Sierra HD is getting pretty popular around Salem job sites. That’s likely due to the impressive GMC 3500 towing capacity. How much can a GMC Sierra 3500 tow? The 3500 is capable of towing an unbelievable 36,000 pounds when equipped with a diesel engine and a fifth-wheel, and 16,530 pounds with…